Team One Baseball
Under Armour Tournament - Official Rules:
1. Games: ALL teams will play the allotted number of tournament games, weather permitting
2. Rosters: Your roster may not exceed 20 players.
3. Roster Changes: Teams may change their rosters up until they start their first game. After that time there will be no roster changes. If a player is listed on more than one roster, the player listed will make a decision as to which roster he is legally on. This decision is up to the individual player. No player can appear in a tournament game for more than one team.
4. Game Rules: National Federation Safety rules will be enforced. Playing rules are National Federation Rules with Local modifications.
5. Game Length/Mercy Rule: Games shall be seven (7) innings in length. If a team is losing by 8 or more runs after having batting in at least five innings, the game is ended at that point.
6. Pool Play: All Pool Play games will be played with a strict two hour time limit. No inning can start after two hours. Time will be kept by the home plate umpire. For each team's pool games the home team will be predetermined. All pool games that are tied after 7 innings or the 2 hour time limit will be recorded a tie. A tie is equal to a ½ win and ½ loss for each team.
7. Championship Round/Playoffs: 2 hour time limit will be used in all games except the Semi-final and Championship games. In the Semi-finals and Championship game there is no tie-breaker. This rule is subject to change. The home team in Championship Play will be the higher seed. Tie Breaker: If after 8 innings the two teams are still tied the following tie breaker rules will go into effect:
• Last hitter from previous inning @ 2st Base
• The hitting team will start the inning with one out.
• Play continues until one team is ahead at the end of an inning.
8. In case of rain: All rain out games may not be made up depending on time constraints. In case of scheduling changes it is the team's responsibility, not the tournament committee, to make sure they are aware of the new schedule or any scheduling changes. This information will be posted at the site and tournament webpage when it becomes available. Note: No special requests will be honored if rescheduling becomes necessary. All coaches should make sure they have the tournament phone numbers to call for information.
9. Break in Play: If a game is stopped, the game must start within 1 hour of the stop in play. If games are not resumed, they will become suspended or called official. Games called by umpires that cannot be resumed within 1 hour will be considered an official game, if 5 innings have been completed, or 4 1/2 innings if the home team is ahead. After 5 complete innings, a tie score will be recorded a tie in pool play. The tournament director can extend the 1 hour if there are extenuating circumstances, i.e. lightning detector, working on fields, etc. A suspended game will resume where the game was halted. In the event play is stopped for any reason before or during the Championship round, first place, second place, third place, etc. will be awarded based on Seeding and Tie Breaker Rules.
10. Scoring: We recommend that all teams (home and visitor) keep a scorebook. The actual score will be kept by the home plate umpire.
11. Bat Specifications: Players may use WOOD or BBCOR bats.
12. Pitching: No Pitching limits, but please use common sense!
13. Hitting lineup: Can consist of 9, 10, or 11 batters. The lineup must stay with the same number of batters for the entire game. The 10th and 11th hitter if used will be designated as an EH and XH on the lineup card. The EH and XH is the same as any position on the field as far as substitutions are concerned. The starting pitcher is allowed to DH for himself. You may utilize an (EH) extra hitter and (DH) designated hitter in your lineup. Free defensive substitution.
14. Runners: Courtesy runner for both the pitcher and the catcher may be used at any time. Courtesy runner has to be someone not presently in the line-up. The same player cannot run for both the pitcher and catcher in the same inning.
15. Clean out your dugout immediately after your game is complete.
16. Game Balls are provided but you must PLEASE have your players and parents chase foul balls.
17. NO SOFT TOSS into fencing. Minor League Batting Cages are open for your use.
18. Any participant (player, coach, spectator, etc.) ejected from a game shall have the circumstances of his/her ejection reviewed by the Tournament Director, Site Supervisor, and Chief Umpire. A decision will then be made what additional penalty, if any, shall be applied to that person. The additional penalty may include suspension from a subsequent game(s) or suspension from the tournament all together.
19. Seeding and Tie Breaker Rules:
1. Win-loss record
2. Head to Head winner
3. If three teams are tied – If one team has defeated both other teams, that team advances. If not go to #4.
4. Total runs allowed in pool play.
5. Total runs scored in pool play
6. Coin flip
20. Not covered in the Rules: In the event any item is not covered in the rules, the tournament committee will make the fairest possible ruling and that ruling will be final!
• To provide a substantial number of games for each team within a balanced schedule.
• To allow a competitive tournament format with opportunities to advance within the tournament.
• To provide a pleasant and exciting baseball tournament while allowing for social activities within the area.
• To develop the tournament into an exciting annual event that teams from all across the USA work toward throughout the year.
• To scout and recruit the best tournament participants for Team ONE Showcases and Under Armour All America Game.
*Please Note: ALL fall Under Armour tournaments, each half inning will allow for 6 batters to the plate or 3 outs, whichever comes first. No scores are kept. No winners advance.